INFORMATION CONCERNING OUR ACTIONS RELATING TO THE CORONAVIRUS
Press release | Fri 13 Mar 2020 08:01:00 PM EET
Updated on 10.9.2020 - For the latest updates regarding this matter, please visit this link.
WHO has declared the coronavirus a pandemic, with an elevated risk of contagion in Europe and elsewhere in the world. Here at Lapland Hotels, we are closely monitoring the instructions issued by the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) and other authorities, and we will adapt our operations correspondingly. We are updating current information on the situation on our website at https://www.laplandhotels.com/EN/laplandhotels/newsroom/press-releases/information-concerning-our-actions-relating-to-the-coronavirus.html.
|HOTELS||RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS||RESTAURANTS||SKI RESORTS||GIFT CARDS|
We have strongly intensified our measures related to sanitation and hygiene in all our facilities to minimise the spread of the coronavirus.
- We have strongly enhanced the sanitation of our public spaces, and we clean all surfaces regularly several times a day.
- We offer hand sanitizer for guest use as widely as possible.
- We make sure that the latest instructions provided by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) concerning the coronavirus are clearly displayed and available in all our hotels and restaurants to our guests in different languages.
- Our staff members have been instructed on how to operate in these exceptional circumstances and to inform our customers about developments in the situation. Our employees have also received instructions on how to proceed if one of our customers is suspected of being infected with the coronavirus.
- We have cancelled all hotel programme services involving group gatherings or close contact between individuals.
- Moreover, all gyms, spas, public saunas and children’s play areas located in our hotels will be closed starting Wednesday 18 March 2020.
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
The special terms and conditions specified below apply to reservations made for the period between 16 March 2020 and 30 April 2020. Cancellations of reservations made for a later time will be handled in accordance with the established terms of cancellation.
Finnish consumer customers
Reservation can be moved free of charge until 31 December 2020.
Cancellations will be handled in accordance with the valid terms of cancellation.
Variation in the prices of moved reservations will be taken into account, and possible excess payment will be returned or missing payment charged upon check-in.
Exceptions will be made for customers in the high-risk groups specified by THL. Cost-free cancellation.
All reservations made after 17 March 2020 for the period between 17 March and 30 April 2020 will be subject to flexible terms of cancellation, including cost-free cancellation and the possibility to move the reservation until 31 December 2020.
We do not recommend that customers belonging to any of the high-risk groups specified by THL travel or book our services during the pandemic.
All Lapland Hotels restaurants are considered special environments during the coronavirus epidemic. Measures are taken to minimise the spread of the virus and to implement the instructions provided by authorities as efficiently as possible.
• We restrict the number of customers in our restaurants by, for example, removing tables and creating space between our customers.
• With regard to breakfast, we strive to extend the time of our breakfast service in order to reduce the number of customers eating at the same time.
• Starting from Wednesday 18 March, the refrigerators in all Lapland Hotels apartments will be stocked with breakfast supplies so that our customers can have breakfast in their own apartment. By doing so, we aim to reduce any contact between new customers and staff members and old customers.
• With regard to buffet services, we now use smaller serving dishes, change the serving utensils extremely often, and have added hand sanitising stations in the vicinity of the buffet tables.
• We also aim to serve ready-made portions in our restaurants whenever possible.
• Many of our restaurants offer also a take-away option.
At the moment, the Lapland Hotels ski resorts Olos Ski Resort, Pallas Ski Resort, Ylläs Ski Resort Äkäslompolo, Luosto Ski Resort and Ounasvaara Ski Resort are operating as usual, but with reinforced measures. Our ski resorts comply with the Finnish Ski Area Association’s (FSAA) recommendations for ski resorts and their customers:
- To check the latest updates about coronavirus in our ski resorts, please check the situation in this link.
- Head to the slopes only completely healthy. Stay at home in case you feel unwell. If you have severe symptoms (such as shortness of breath and a weakened general condition), call a health centre. Coronavirus infection may be suspected if you have a high temperature, cough, sore throat, headache, or shortness of breath.
- Two people are allowed in the T-bar lifts only when they are related or from the same party.
- In chair lifts a distance of at least one meter must be kept, or one must travel only with family or members of the same party.
- In covered chairlifts with the cover down and in gondola lifts travel is only allowed with family or members from the same party.
- Rental helmets and poles are cleaned with disinfectant after each use.
- At the moment, ski goggles will not be rented.
- All ski resorts will carefully follow all the latest guidelines and orders given by the health authorities.
- Hand disinfectant is available in all places possible.
- Cleaning is enhanced in all customer and staff areas. The Finnish Ski Area Association recommends the Occupational Health Institute’s guidelines for cleaning to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Personnel are advised to prioritize hygiene. Keyboards and other tools are cleaned regularly.
- If necessary, the number of customer seats in restaurants will be reduced, and buffet type meals will be minimised.
- Ski-busses will reduce the number of customers taken on at once.
- If necessary, the ski resort will limit the number of ski passes sold to avoid overcrowding.
- Purchasing ski passes online in advance is recommended in order to avoid any excess contact.
- For the time being, any larger competitions and public events at the ski resort will be cancelled.
- If necessary, restaurants, cafes, rental shops and other public spaces will be closed.
- If the authorities close the ski resort, the remaining share of unused Ski passes and rental equipment will be refunded to customers. In such a situation, customers shall be directly in contact with the place of purchase of the ski passes and/or rental equipment. At this stage of the season, season cards or season rentals will no longer be refunded.
- The ski resorts and the Finnish Ski Area Association actively monitor the situation and act according to the instructions of the authorities.
The validity of gift cards that expire by 31 May 2020 can be extended free of charge until the end of this year.
Lapland Hotels operations will continue as normal, only with these enhanced measures. We will keep our guests informed and notify everyone of potential changes in the situation without delay.
With kind regards / With Lappish regards
Lapland Hotels Oy